Lymphoedema Therapist responsible for excellence in rehabilitative care for lymphoedema conditions and associated injuries with intention of smashing the benchmark in quality healthcare.
Upper Limbs and Things provide excellence in hand and lymphoedema therapy, empowering people to achieve. Our mission is to build worldwide training and therapy services. We make people matter through commitment to connection and effective communication. Consistent and ongoing learning is nurtured, developing confidence and competence. Our team are high performing, close knit with demonstrated respect.
- Assessment and treatment of lymphoedema, lipoedema and vascular conditions and associated injuries including scar management. (mixed caseload of acute, post-surgical, trauma, degenerative and chronic conditions)
- Manage caseload independently with confidence to seek assistance where required.
- Document and maintain accurate records at the time, of assessment, treatment and communication.
- Effective, clear and time efficient communication with patients, others involved in their care, our team, referrers, suppliers.
- Competence in LO identification & assessment including LO staging & objective initial & reproducible circumferential measurements where relevant.
- Working in accordance with contemporary, gold standard evidence-based practice from documents such as STRIDE Compression garment selection document, Worldwide Wounds management.
- Competence in MLD, bandaging and garment prescription; wound assessment and management, scar assessment & management, low level laser use & sequential intermittent compression pump use.
- Competence in multi-modal approach to LO management to allow for eventual patient self-efficacy/self-management.
- Working in accordance with an early surveillance & intervention model of practice.
- High level of customer care and satisfaction outcomes (results and outcome driven)
- Participate in and develop networks.
- Driven to find information/answers through multiple sources, where to get information. Participation in state-wide LO networking & LO google group networks to assist with obtaining solutions.
- Promote patient’s independence to manage their condition/injury.
- Continual upskill and learning.
- Engage in telehealth to provide patient hand therapy services and connection with specialists.
- Opportunity to perform home visits, develop education groups e.g. yoga.
- Inquisitive people who are inspired by what they do, who love to get the best out of themselves and others.
- Push boundaries of what is achievable, seeking excellence with demonstrable active implementation.
- Continuous evolution and integration of learning and growth.
- Responsibility for self, results achieved and do whatever it takes.
- Understand underlying lymphatic and vascular anatomy and function, with ability to apply clinical reasoning.
- Knowledge of conditions, injuries, surgeries and degeneration.
- Comfortable communicating with Plastics, Orthopaedic, Vascular, Oncology and General surgeons, Other Specialists, GP’s, Allied Health, Nurses, Insurers and self-referred clients.
- Understand funding bodies.
- Efficiency working with high rates of referrals in an open area clinic.
- Caseload including Insurance (Workcover, 3rd party), DVA, private referral.
- Awareness and respect for everyone in the team
- Punctual, Reliable, Dependable
- Leadership – display leadership (of the patient, within the team and self)
- Competent with computer skills (Mac based) for patient management software (Cliniko) and Teams (Microsoft)
- Meet requirements of AHPRA registration
- Maintenance of associated accreditations
Education and Experience
Completed qualification in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
Current Registration with AHPRA
Current Accreditation as Level 2 ALA Nationally Accredited Lymphoedema Therapist
Current Professional Indemnity Public and Products Liability Insurance (20M)
The role is based in Mackay, working in an open area clinic.
Work in an airconditioned office with own workstation. Requirement to work prolonged periods moving between sitting and standing.
Commitment to Diversity
We understand and accept that everyone is different, that we respect those differences, and that we’re open to listen to different points of views and leverage them to learn from each other. Everyone is welcome and their ideas and opinions are valued.
Salary & Compensation
Above Award wages (Health Professionals and Support Services Award)
Yearly allowance for CPD
Weekly clinical supervision
Regular team training and education
Regular case review sessions
Full administrative support
How To Apply
Submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will include a cover letter addressing why you are an asset to Upper Limbs & Things and attach your CV. Include in the subject line of the email: Unicorn Application for Therapy Position.